- About MSN
- AUSM / Study Abroad
- Mexico Study Abroad
- Cuba Study Abroad
- Chicago Programs
- Master's Program
- Centro Autónomo
- News & Analysis
- Report: Displacement in Albany Park
Jobs and Internships
[posted Dec 2014]
The Centro Autónomo has one job opening for a community organizer.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- extensive experience in community-based organizing, particularly in immigrant and undocumented communities,
- knowledge of the Latin American social, political and economic context,
- Spanish fluency, with English fluency a plus,
- flexibility, creativity and accountability working within a collective that currently consists of six full-time staff based in Chicago and Mexico,
- a strong work ethic founded in a political orientation that is anti-capitalist, and
- a strong commitment to create fundamental political change in the US and Mexico.
The job requires a flexible, self-starting, multi-skilled person who can work in a collective doing community organizing focused on development of a youth program and a labor program within the Centro Autónomo.
The job is based in Chicago. The position includes health stipend and four weeks paid vacation per year. Starting salary is $25,000 per year, increased to $30,000 after successful completion of six-month probationary period. Interested candidates should forward a resume and writing sample (something less than 5 pages that demonstrates your commitment to anti-capitalist community organizing) to msn [at] mexicosolidarity [dot] org and centro [at] mexicosolidarity [dot] org
The Mexico Solidarity Network’s work includes:
- study abroad programs in Mexico and Cuba,
- solidarity work with community-based autonomous groups in Mexico,
- the Centro Autonomo in Chicago, a community center focused on housing, education, work and health in immigrant and undocumented communities;
- a two-year master’s program in community organizing.